Sunday, April 17, 2011

CC Weekly Challenge card- Prima like flowers

This is my entry for the Cricut Circle challenge this week to do something with a flower.  I love making these flowers and they are much cheaper than buying Prima flowers.   I cut scalloped circles from Mother's Day Bouquet cart at 2 inches, 1 1/2 inches and 1 inch.  The next step is the most important.  YOU HAVE TO  WET THEM!!!!!!   I used to try to skip this step and they just come out so much better if you wet the paper.   So once I cut a bunch of scalloped circles out  lay them all out I spray them with a mister.  When they are good and wet I wad them up into little balls.  I let them dry for a few minutes and then carefully open and spread out not flattening them completely.  Let dry a little longer but not completely.  I like to work with them when they are still pliable.  Next  I stack 5 to 8 high.  Punch hole with crop a dile and add  brad to center.  I then pull each layer up towards the brad  being careful not to tear.  then I pull them down forming the flower.  After they are formed the way I want, I let them dry and then add Tim Holtz ink, Stickles and/or  spray with Glimmer Mist depending on the look I want.
The paper for the card was a double sided piece and the flowers were actually made from the same piece.  I have  3 other flowers from this one piece of 12 x 12 paper.  For this card  I added ribbon and used a MS punch on the edges.  I also added a birthday stamp.

7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try this, thanks for the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers. How many inches thick (off the page) are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are about a 1/2 inch off page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the layering of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the flowers......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely. Thansk for the instructions.
    http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making these flowers too Suzanne, they are such fun making them!! Yours are so cute, I like that paper you used. I love making a lot of flowers this way and you are so right, they are much, much cheaper than Primas, which I don't find many around here anyway. The card is just beautiful and the flowers really finish it off!!

    ReplyDelete