Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Monday, June 6, 2011

June Monthly CC Challenge:On the Road Again Smash book

JUNE MONTHLY CC CHALLENGE: On the Road Again Challenge!
For a lot of us summertime means ROAD TRIP! For this challenge, we want you to create something . . . ANYTHING for your car! It can be a travel game, travel activity, organizer, whatever! Let your imagination run wild.  

This is my entry for the monthly CC challenge.  My friend's daughter is flying to Texas where she will be going on a road trip with family friends.  She has been doing odd jobs for me and others to earn the money for her plane ticket and spending money.  I decided to make her a Smash book out of a drawing journal I got at M's.  I covered it with paper and decorated it.  Her name is "Summer" so I used the summer cutout and shadow  from Gypsy Wanderings cut at 2". The word "Smash" was cut using letters and shadow from Gypsy Fonts at 1 1/2 inch and 2011 at 1 inch with no shadow.The top cuts are silver glitter paper.   I punched out some small flowers of various sizes with a punch to add to the book to make it more dimensional, as well as Stickles and gems. 
I also got her a little  plastic carry box  at M's for her  book, glue and some goodies I got her for her designing.  There are stickers, tags, paper, and other embellishments.   I also included Prismacolor pencils and Sharpie markers.  I used vinyl and used the same cuts  on the front.  I lined the box with matching paper to the front and back which since it is plastic shows through.  I added sheer ribbon to binding on side.   

4 comments:

  1. What a great gift love the colors you picked for the journal :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift and beautifully made too! I'm sure she'll love spending time with this special little book and box!
    TFS!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute and sweet of you :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete