Just Kitting Studio Items for Sale

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1 of 25 Days at My Paper Crafting- Ornaments



I am so excited to be a part of the 25 Days of Christmas and Year 'Round Crafting Showcase with all the wonderful designers at My Paper Crafting.  Today for my ornament I made an ornament using the free ornament digi file that I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I cut this out after coloring and placed on a circle for the center of my cone ornament.  
The ornament was made by cutting 3 x 3 squares of double sided paper and forming them into cones.  I  used a glue gun to form them and then glued them on to a  2 inch cardboard circle.  
Once I formed the first circle I turned the ornament over and  placed the other 8 cones in the center of two cones to form the back.  I added ribbon for the string.  
Here is a link to a tutorial.  There are others too if you google cone wreath tutorial.  
Later in the week I will post the wreaths I made also.  
Closeup of ornament digi.  I added twine, Stickles and gems for bling 
Free files for today from Paper Crafting World 
Check out My Paper Crafting each day to see the wonderful project the DT has created for the 25 days of Christmas and check out the great free files from Melin and My Paper Crafting World

12 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for such a great project! I was wondering how you made this and am excited to give it a try! Thank you for sharing your time and creative talents with us! You are amazing my friend!
    Melin
    Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the cones, this looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are beautiful and I am always looking for things to make for special little Christmas presents and I think this will do the trick for at least 3 of my people. Thanks for sharing ....
    Linda K.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet thanks for sharing this is a neat project for kids in school to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I'm talking about...very cool, creative..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your paper cone ornament. i think i will see if i can adapt that to a card. Thanks for sharing.

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool looking wreath Suz! I love how you ornament turned out-love the colors of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ornament, I think that would look great in burgundy and forest green. Will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornament is so much fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so pretty with the ornament in the center. What a great way to show it off!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice ornament, love how you added your bling!

    ReplyDelete